Environment
Towpath Trail
Marina
Education
History
Calendar
Mission
Contributions
Volunteer
Home
 




 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

The Historic U.S. Coast Guard Station at Wendy Park

This majestic building at the mouth of the Cuyahoga River at the far northwestern portion of Wendy Park represents a time gone by and is on the National Register of Historic Places.  Built in 1940, the style is Art Moderne and was designed by Cleveland architect, J. Milton Dyer who also designed City Hall, Cleveland Athletic Club and the First Methodist Church.

Sadly, this piece of Cleveland’s history is in decline. Due to years of neglect, vandalism and lack of protection from the elements the building is in crisis.  If restoration efforts do not take place soon, we will lose this lakefront treasure forever.

The Wendy Park Foundation is working with the City of Cleveland (the current owner) to breathe life back into this magnificent structure.  Realizing the City has limited resources and many priorities The Wendy Park Foundation is forming a public/private partnership to conduct fundraisers and raise the awareness and money required to restore this architectural icon. 

Future uses of the site may include a lakefront cafe, maritime/environmental educational facility, guest dockage, park space, fishing pier and the ultimate lakefront destination for Towpath Trail.

Wendy Park circa 1942
Wendy Park circa 2007
1942
2007
Contact Us

Wendy Park Foundation
127 Public Square #2700 Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Phone 216.904.9456 • Fax 216.631.0990

Directions